Seven tips for creating your own Wes Anderson inspired interior...
Art Direction & Styling Amber Armitage
Photography Melanie Jenkins/Flash Studios
Top wall and floor painted in Resene New York Pink, bottom half of the wall in Resene Atlas with panels in Resene Freelance. Arches painted in Resene Sea Fog. Sofa, cushions; floor lamps and side tables, all from KING LIVING. Candelabra and vases by TOM DIXON, all from SIMON JAMES. Bush Stem (in vase) from A&C HOME. Mug and Pig from WORLD. Birds from CITTA.
- Choose a memorable color palette Go bold with Resene New York Pink and green with Resene Atlas
- Create symmetry Wes Anderson was often referred to as the “King of Symmetry.”
Wall and floor painted in Resene New York Pink, with arches painted in Resene Sea Fog. Plimmerton chair; Slim Cove Screen in white tongue and groove; Rattan wall hangings; all from MOOD STORE. Side tables from DOMO.Table Lamp in copper by TOM DIXON from ECC. Candle in scent Salta, from WORLD. Vintage DR. MARTENS, stylists own.
- Rethink everyday objects Add personal touches that make your space reflective of your individual taste.
- Add bold and playful patterns Don’t be afraid to bring life to your space with dramatic fabrics.
- Hang unexpected art A unique wall hanging or print will boast quirkiness catching any guests eye.
- Incorporate vintage items Sustainable and sometimes more affordable, vintage pieces will add historical quirk to the rooms sensibility.
Background in Resene New York Pink with A4 drawdown paint swatches from left in Resene Freelance, Resene Atlas and Resene Sea Fog. Zazina square cushion, from KING LIVING. vases by TOM DIXON all from SIMON JAMES. Bush Stem (in vase) from A&C HOME. Mug and Pig from WORLD. Birds from CITTA.
- Select statement furniture Don’t choose safe, take a risk with loud furniture for fantastical fun.