Try Kim Kardashian's favourite banana pudding recipe
Waking up in the morning and habitually checking Kim Kardashian’s Snapchat story has become a part of our morning routine.
The latest snap, features Kim baking a banana pudding which is sure to warm us up on a winter evening.
Here is the recipe for the delicious, probably not so nutritious, banana pudding:
4 large eggs
¾ cup of sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
2 cups of milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
30-40 vanilla wafers
3-4 medium ripe bananas
- Separate the yolk from the whites of 3 eggs; set aside the whites. Add the remaining whole egg to the yolks.
- In a saucepan, whisk together ½ cup sugar, flour and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir in the whole egg and 3 yolk mixture then stir in the milk. Cook uncovered, stirring often until the mixture thickens. This should take roughly 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Spread a thin layer of the pudding in a casserole dish. Arrange a layer of vanilla wafers on top of the pudding. Thinly slice the banana crosswise and arrange a layer of banana slices over the wafers. Spread 1/3 of the remaining pudding over the bananas and continue layering wafer, bananas and pudding until pudding mixture is gone. Finish with pudding
- To make the meringue, beat the reserved egg whites with a pinch of salt until they are stiff. Gradually beat in the remaining ¼ cup sugar and continue beating until the whites will not slide out of the mixing bowl when it is tilted.
- Spread the meringue over the pudding with a spatula and bake for roughly 5 minutes until the meringue is lightly browned.
- Film the finishing result and chuck it up on your Snap Chat story!
Images: Foodnetwork.com, Ambroright.wordpress.com,