What are the models doing that we aren't? Sleeping like experts. They don't call it beauty sleep for nothing- no amount of kale juice or skin care can make up for the power of a good night's sleep.
Although we may take our sleeping routine for granted, seeing it as a time to finally lie down and bury yourself into the blankets, changing a few things about the way your sleep could make all the difference in the world. So, is there a 'right' way to sleep? The answer is yes and luckily we have the ultimate guide to sleeping like an expert (and a model).
- Save yourself with Retinol - We all know the no. 1 skin-care recommendation is wearing SPF, but what is no. 2? You guessed it, use Retinoids. This magic substance reduced fine lines, evens out skin tone and reduce acne so you can wake up looking like you've just come back from the day spa.
- Meditate - Wind down the day with meditation. This helps shut your brain off from the daily stress of life as we know it. A good way to do this is by following an app (Headspace app is one of our favourites!).
- Think silk - Silk helps regulate your body temperature, keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer. Silk is the best fabric for retaining moisture, which is why it's gentle on the skin and hair- not to mention it feels luxurious!
- Block out noise and light - There's no point getting your 8 eights hours if it's bad quality! Help block out light by wearing a silk eye mask.
- Mask it - End the day with some self-love. Put on a soothing mask and sleep feeling like a million bucks (and wake up photo ready). There's even such thing as an overnight mask that saves you from getting up to wash it off!
Photo credit: victoriasecrets.com