Exciting times, people!
We're looking for a unique individual to take on Amber's maternity cover as Managing Editor of Remix Magazine from Feb/March 2022.
Experience is a must! If you know anyone with the relevant skills and industry experience as per the below, please pass on & tell them to apply.
Remix Magazine Managing Editor (Maternity Cover)
Ponsonby, Auckland Central
Media & Communications
Full Time - Feb/March 2022 start
We’re Remix Magazine, New Zealand’s leading lifestyle and fashion magazine.
Established 25 years ago, today Remix is positioned as a globally recognised multimedia lifestyle brand, presenting curated content and insightful inspiration to a growing audience of discerning readers. Hailed internationally as ‘New Zealand’s answer to Vogue’, Remix is the only magazine from New Zealand to photograph and interview global superstars for the cover of each issue. Supermodel Miranda Kerr, designer Alexa Chung, ‘it girl’ Hailey Baldwin, reality TV star Kylie Jenner, singer Ellie Goulding and icon Naomi Campbell are just a few of the household names to have been shot and exclusively featured on the cover of Remix.
Reporting into the Publisher/Owner, you will be responsible for managing and executing the quarterly print magazine and production of key partnership campaigns. Your key goal will be to maintain the high quality and standard of the magazine's content, both in print and online.
A very critical role, you will be expected to work with the business development team and editorial team to create advertorial partnership campaigns that communicate effective storytelling across our channels. You will be experienced in full 360 campaigns – including photoshoots, video production, digital & social media, print and partnerships.
You will also be expected to deliver the necessary editorial planning for the year, seek out engaging editorial opportunities, interview high profile individuals, produce a number of editorial fashion shoots and develop/write content for each issue. You will also need to work closely with the digital director/deputy editor, overseeing the print campaigns and content you produce are executed effectively via Remix online channels.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for an editor with experience in the following range of areas or similar;
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in editorial management roles
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- In depth understanding of the New Zealand print/magazine industry
- Ability to work very fast and effectively on print deadlines each quarter, editing all mag content and designing with the art director to meet final deadline
- Strong collaborator and comfortable working across various teams in various situations, including confidently giving videographers & photographers creative direction
- Ability to interpret briefs from clients and develop integrated editorial/advertorial ideas and creative concepts
- Keen project management ability to ensure all print-based advertorials, photoshoots, and initiatives are shot, designed, developed, written and approved within the given deadlines
- Keen project management ability to ensure a number of online-based advertorials, photoshoots and initiatives are shot, developed, written and approved within the given time-frames
- Ability to manage both direct clients and agencies for a dedicated portfolio of New Zealand/Australian brands, delivering content on time and on expectation, as well as encouraging ongoing future collaborations with Remix
- Ability to grow more brand partnership opportunities in the high-end, luxury and premium sectors across fashion, beauty, cuisine, lifestyle and culture
- Possess a combination of short term tactical planning as well as long term strategic planning for the Remix brand overall while managing the editorial team
We’re looking for a very unique, talented and driven person to step in and take the editorial and management reins while the editor is absent on maternity leave for at least 10 months from March 2022. A full role profile/job description can be provided upon request, and a detailed shadow handover with the current editor (approx 3 week period from February - March 2022) will be encouraged.
For the right person with proven performance, there will be potential to stay on beyond the maternity cover contract within the editorial team.
If you have been waiting for the chance to work for one of New Zealand's top magazines and media platforms then apply today.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to both contacts below: