The step-by-step on how to get Lady Gaga's Met Gala hair
As one of (if not the) most important events of the fashion calendar, the Met Gala dictates what us, fashion plebeians, will be loving until next May. This year's theme has guaranteed plenty of jaw-dropping looks that perhaps are not so fitting for our everyday.
If you loved Lady Gaga's look but doing four costumes changes or mile-long gold foil lashes are a bit much for your 9-to-5, the next most wearable thing in her outfit(s) was her hair. The Camp cousin of the bob everyone d(y)ied for in 2018 was achieved by celebrity hairstylist Frederic Aspiras with Joico products, and we're here to show you to how-to.
- Apply Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield to damp hair, comb through for even distribution and protection.
- Use Joico Blonde Life Brilliant Tone Violet Smoothing Foam starting at roots and comb through. Blow dry using a small round brush.
- Using a flat iron to create the very defined uniformed waves all around hair. And curl under to get that rippled bubble effect.
- Use Joico Power Gel to make mini hair bows throughout the crown of the head. Pin in place with bobby pins.
- Comb out and make smooth with two pumps of Joico Blonde Life Brilliant Glow Brightening Oil. Spray with Joico JoiMist Medium – Styling & Finishing Spray and Flip Turn Finishing Spray to mold and to hold in place.
The look draws inspiration from her well-known hair bow that everyone tried (and most likely failed, as I did) in 2012. The rippled wave of her bob is a creative take on the new classic that you can also do on its own if the bows are a bit much.
Get the products used on Gaga here.