There’s a reason why 50-year anniversaries are known as the golden anniversary – they’re incredibly rare to come by and mark a massive achievement.
In 2017, one such business is celebrating their half-century birthday, Mercedes-AMG. What began as a two-man operation has grown to become 1,500 employees strong, and continues to maintain a strong reputation for producing cars that feature cutting-edge technology and elegant design aesthetics.
High performance AMG variants adopt a ‘one man, one engine’ philosophy, which means that each engine is hand-crafted by one qualified engineer. Last year alone the company delivered almost 100,000 units, which is a whole lotta man hours.
For the past half century, the letters AMG have been synonymous with all things luxurious, exclusive, and high-performing. Such a reputation continues to follow the brand wherever each of its expertly crafted cars traverses.
To celebrate such a milestone, Remix are delighted to be giving one lucky reader an epic weekend away for two at the beautiful Great Lake Taupo. Note: you’ll need to be 21 years or older to qualify entry.
You’ll pick up the slick Mercedes-AMG 43 model on Friday, grab your partner in crime and cruise towards the stunning shores of Lake Taupo. When there, you’ll pull up at the picturesque Hilton Lake Taupo and check in for two incredible nights’ stay.
And when the hunger pang hits, you’ll enjoy dinner at the impeccable Bistro Lago, where you can dine on the finest European fare – think free range chicken breast with butternut squash, Amaretto crumb, ricotta, and lashings of sage brown butter, or Savannah eye fillet with edamame bean, almond milk gratin and a sprinkle of feta. Fill your days with plenty of activities to choose from – parasailing, prawn fishing, luxury spa treatments – there’s something for just about everyone. You’ll be journeying back home with a massive grin on your face come Sunday afternoon, having indulged in the perfect weekend sojourn.
Fill out the form below to be in to win!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
1. Entry into a Competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry in relation to that Competition.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
3. Subject to paragraph 5, entry is open to all New Zealand residents 21 years of age and over and who hold a current and full New Zealand driver's licence.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promotion commences on [Thursday 2nd March] at 12.00AM and closes at [Thursday 9th March] on 12.00PM (“Promotion Period”).
6. To go in the draw to win the right to use a Mercedes-AMG 43 loan vehicle for a [weekend], entrants must (within the Promotion Period) complete their name and email address in the above entry form.
7. The entry for this competition is limited to 1 per person.
8. The Prize is the use of a Mercedes-AMG 43 loan vehicle for one weekend (excluding Easter long weekend), the specification of vehicle within this class will be at the sole discretion of Mercedes-Benz.
9. The Vehicle must be:
Collected from Mercedes-Benz head office during Friday of the prize ‘weekend’ (excludes Easter long weekend)
Returned to Mercedes-Benz head office the Monday of the prize ‘weekend’ during business hours (3 night / 4 day loan period)
12. The competition will be drawn from all valid entries received by midday on Friday 10th March. The draws will occur after midday on Friday 10th March at 65 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby, Auckland.
13. If successful, the winner will be notified by email and/or phone on or before Monday 13th March. If the winner cannot be contacted, or the winner is unable to redeem the prizes for whatever reason, the entries will be re-drawn. No compensation will be payable to a winner who cannot be contacted or who cannot redeem the Prize for whatever reason.
14. Travel arrangements to and from Mercedes-Benz head office do not form part of the Prize and are the responsibility of the winner. The vehicle does not need to be returned with a full tank of fuel.
15. The winner will ensure no other person drives the vehicle, without the express consent of Mercedes-Benz. The winner agrees to take reasonable care of the vehicle and to take reasonable precautions to safeguard the vehicle from loss and damage. The winner must ensure that the vehicle is locked at all times when not being used, activates any alarm and/or immobiliser if installed in the vehicle, and parks the vehicle on their private property.
16. The winner confirms by signing an agreement that they have a valid full New Zealand driver's license which is current and that they will not be in breach of any condition of their driver's license by driving the vehicle. The winner will be required to provide the Promoter with a copy of their valid New Zealand driver's licence and current address details. The winner will also be required to sign and comply with the terms of Mercedes-Benz's standard agreement for loan vehicles (the Authorised Driver Declaration) (copy is available on request).
17. The winner agrees not to smoke or carry any pets or goods in the vehicle while it is their care. In the event this condition is breached the winner will be liable for any cleaning costs incurred.
18. All traffic infringements, parking fines and the like, incurred while the vehicle is in the winner’s care, must be reported to the Promoter and will be payable entirely by the winner.
19. Mercedes-Benz reserves the right to charge for any part or accessory removed or lost from the vehicle where in the opinion of Mercedes-Benz has been caused by the winner's lack of vigilance in safeguarding the vehicle.
20. The winner must at all times operate the vehicle within traffic regulations and local laws. Any breach of these which in turn, causes a breach of Mercedes-Benz's insurance cover and negates Mercedes-Benz being able to claim for loss or damage then the winner’s will indemnify Mercedes-Benz in respect of such loss or damage.
21. In the event of loss or damage which Mercedes-Benz is able to claim from their insurance cover, the winner shall be liable for (and indemnify the Mercedes-Benz for) the excess amount stated in the Authorised Driver Declaration being Mercedes-Benz's policy excess on the vehicle (copy available on request).
22. Unless explicitly stated in the prize summary at paragraph 9, all costs incurred by the winner, and any other expenses incurred while redeeming the Prize, will be at the expense of the winner.
23. In accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media (including the Promoter's Facebook page) and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner may be required to confirm their agreement to these terms and conditions again before receiving the prize.
24. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that:
- the competition is administered by the Promoter;
- he or she is providing the information to the Promoter; and
- to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, and agents), will not be liable in any way (including negligence) for any loss or damage (including the loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
25. The Promoter expressly reserves the right to resolve any discrepancies, disputes or otherwise unforeseen circumstances as it deems fit and the Promoter's decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter expressly reserves the right to change or alter these Terms and Conditions at any time.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to any entrant who the Promoter (in its sole discretion) believes has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won using fraudulent means.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries.
28. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered by any entrant or winner (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
29. If the Competition is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) in its sole discretion to cancel the Competition or to disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process.