While we’re counting down the days until we can wine and dine again, in the meantime we’re filling that void by recreating a few of Auckland’s most iconic cocktails at home.
The team behind these Auckland favourites have kindly shared the secret to mastering their most popular cocktails…just in time for Friday happy hour. We’ll raise a glass to that!
The Portside Sour from Sardine
Craving a bit of escapism? Trust us: whip this concoction up, close your eyes, take a sip and you’ll immediately be transported to harbourside hotspot Sardine.
30mls sloe gin
30mls ruby port wine
30mls lemon juice
15mls sugar syrup
1 egg white
- Shake all ingredients
- Add ice and shake again
- Double strain into a coupe glass
- Garnish with edible flowers and dried raspberry powder
The Pornstar Martini from SOUL
Next up on our list is the addictive Pornstar Martini from SOUL. A passionfruit flavoured cocktail made with a vanilla base, traditionally served with a shot glass or bubbles (genius, right?).
45ml Absolut Vanilia Vodka
30ml pineapple juice
20ml passionfruit pulp
30 ml fresh lime juice
45ml Deutz Prestige
- Shake vodka, pineapple, passionfruit pulp and lime juice with lots of ice
- Double strain into martini glass
- Pour shooter of Deutz on the side
The Coconut Margarita by CÔTE
You’ve probably seen this one doing the rounds on Instagram at the moment, but the hype is definitely warranted. Clearly a sign of the times – we all need a coco marg in our lives right now - blitz this one up for your weekend Zoom hangs for guaranteed good times all round.
60ml 1800 Coconut Tequila
60ml fresh lime juice
60ml Ceres Organics tinned coconut cream
Salt to rim
- Add all ingredients to a blender, with your handful of ice and blitz.
- Rim your glass with lime and dip in salt and desiccated coconut.
- Add a good pinch of chilli flakes to make it spicy!