Last night, Remix spring cover star Lily Aldridge attended the Met Gala in Celebration of “In America: A Lexicon of Fashion”.
We caught up with celebrity hair stylist Bryce Scarlett to understand how he created Lily's effortless hair look using Moroccanoil for the iconic 2021 event, so you too can give it a whirl.
"I added a lot of shine to her beautiful, bouncy, glossy waves to bring the shimmer in her heavily beaded Ralph Lauren skirt up to the top. Her final look had a polished but effortless feel with a lot of movement," says Bryce.
Here's how to achieve the look yourself:
- Prior to styling, shampoo hair with Moroccanoil Smoothing Shampoo.
- To follow, condition hair with the Moroccanoil Smoothing Mask - great for thick hair to help tame and achieve smooth, shiny hair. Rinse.
- On damp towel dried hair apply a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer hair and lighter tones — on mid-lengths to ends to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Next, use a generous amount of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse throughout the hair and comb product through so it’s easily distributed.
- Blow dry the hair out smoothly using a Moroccanoil Ceramic 55MM Brush and a hair dryer.
- Next, using a curling iron, take the hair in 2” sections, curl the hair around the barrel all in the same direction for a tight wave. Brush out each curl as soon as it leaves the barrel (while still hot) to create smooth, sleek glam waves.
- Spray a small amount of the Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray on the interior of the hair for added texture and volume.
- Finish with the Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray (Strong) to provide a long-lasting hold.
- Tame any unruly ends and give hair a silky, healthy look using a small amount of the Moroccanoil Mending Infusion.
Moroccanoil products can be purchased in New Zealand from the following online stores: